top of page
Alabama's Official RenFaire
Alabama Renaissance Faire
Annual Poster Contest
ALRenFaire Poster 2021
The 2023 Poster Contest Rules
have been updated.
Please read the new guidelines carefully.
Poster Contest Guidelines
The Alabama Renaissance Faire sponsors an annual poster contest with a $500 prize. Professional and amateur artists may apply.
The winning design may also appear on our t-shirts, and other items for sale at our Alabama Renaissance Faire Roundtable Booth at the feast and faire and in our TeeSpring Store.
Click here to visit the Alabama Renaissance Faire Teespring Store.
Preparation of Entries
1. The artwork and design must be original* and must reflect the Medieval/Renaissance era. The poster should have a clean, concise, design with legible text, and be eye-catching from a distance because the winning design may be printed on concession items such as t-shirts.
* Posters may not include artwork based on copyrighted and/or trademarked images. Please do not use images from books, newspapers, magazines, or any Internet sources not in the public domain, as this would not comply with the “original art” rules of the contest.
2. The entry must be in a vertical format 18” x 24.” The following information must be included in the poster design:
a. The Faire’s name: Alabama Renaissance Faire
b. Date of the Faire: October 28-29, 2023
c. The place: Florence, Alabama
d. The web address: www.thealrenfaire.org
3. Important Dates for submission of poster entry:
a. The guidelines will be posted to all media outlets on Monday, April 3, 2023.
b. Entries will be due no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 26, 2023.
c. The winner will be notified by Friday, June 23, 2023.
d. The winner must provide camera-ready artwork by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 7, 2023.
4. The artist must submit a full-size (18” x 24”) color comprehensive layout on rigid board (600 dpi minimum/1200 preferred).
5. A panel of judges will make the final determination of the winning entry based on artistic merit and suitability as a visual image for the Alabama Renaissance Faire. NOTE: A winning artist must skip one year before submitting another entry (e.g. a winning artist cannot enter in consecutive years).
6. A prize of $500 will be paid to the winner on receipt of camera-ready artwork or media containing the computer design. The winning artwork may be submitted through Google Drive with the link made shareable so companies printing the Alabama Renaissance Faire merchandise may access it without difficulty. E-mail the shareable Google Drive link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Artwork may also be saved to a flash drive and delivered to the director’s office (see Rules for Submission of Entries).
Rules for Submission of Entries:
ENTRY FEE: $10.00 (limit of 2 entries per artist) --
Make check payable to Alabama Renaissance Faire. We have no online payment option at this time. (Teachers who wish to enter classroom projects may e-mail us for specific guidelines regarding student work).
STATEMENT OF RIGHTS
The Alabama Renaissance Faire retains the right to photograph and/or exhibit all entries. The winning artist releases all rights to the Alabama Renaissance Faire.
CARE OF ENTRIES
Every precaution will be taken in handling entries, but the Alabama Renaissance Faire assumes no responsibility for loss or damage. The Alabama Renaissance Faire reserves the right to reproduce any work accepted in the competition for publicity purposes.
DELIVERY AND PICK UP
Hand deliveries will be accepted Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. in the office of Billy Warren, 102 South Court Street, 2nd Floor, Florence, Alabama through May 26, 2023. Non-winning works may be picked up on or before November 17, 2023. After this date, all entries not claimed will become property of the Alabama Renaissance Faire.
All entries must be delivered or mailed to:
City-County Government Building
102 South Court Street, 2nd Floor
Florence, AL 35630
bottom of page